Sunday, March 25, 2012

Good Grief, Greta!

Grief can be a good thing.   I am experiencing that dichotomy this week.  I am grieving my little girl, Greta Louise, as she celebrate her 18th birthday.   Soon she will be venturing out of the safety of home  and exploring the vast opportunities that the world holds.  As I think about her spreading her wings, I know I will grieve not having her with me everyday. However, I am excited to see how her gifts will make a difference in the world.
The sadness that I feel as Greta turns 18 is  good grief, because it speaks to the gift that she has been to me each and every day, it honors my love for her and it makes me treasure who she is as I wait to see who she will become.
This week,  I am feeling the dichotomy of grief as I say goodbye to my sweet little girl and celebrate the beauty of a young woman who will grace the world with her presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment